Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Scholarship Recipient Scott Johnson, Jr.

Each year our chapter awards three scholarships to deserving undergraduate students. We asked each recipient if they would share a bit about themselves with our chapter. 

The first recipient we would like to highlight is Scott Johnson, Jr. from Vestal, NY:

My older sister attended Penn State for Business Management and graduated in 2010. She thouroughly enjoyed her time at Penn State and therefore influenced my decision on what college I would be attending. I attended football games and other activities at University Park and fell in love with the campus and the energy of the student body. Following graduation, from Ross Corners Christian Academy in Vestal, NY, I began studying at Penn State Hazleton as an Information Sciences and Technology student. While there I enjoyed canning with THON and serving as a senator on Hazleton's Student Government Association.

Currently, I am on an exchange program, for one semester, to Sogang University in Seoul, South Korea. Classes just started, but so far I'm loving the country, people, and learning new things about this fascinating culture. When I get back home, I'll be attending University Park in the fall and would love to meet up and express my personal thanks for the scholarship I received!




P.S. If you would like to donate to our scholarship fund please feel free to  use the form located here.  

No comments:

Post a Comment